Tomorrow I’m starting a new job and I’m pumped. But my elation hit the decks on discovering the woefully limited state of my choice of professional winter work outfits. All my winter kit is heavily worn, a tad *yawn* and a little small.
Clearly, I’m in need of a serious workwear wardrobe update. So, I spent this afternoon hunting for five perfect winter work outfits (one for each day of the week) to ear-mark for purchase (in a perfect world).
Here are the top five outfits on my drool-worthy wish list. #startsaving
Winter Work Outfits To Get You Through Those Long Days
1. Never pass up on a versatile day/night hybrid dress. This one from Goat is a solid investment. I have it in navy and I’m seriously considering buying it in black because, those sleeves
According to Sarah Miyazawa La Fleur, the CEO and founder of M.M. LaFleur, “Pants do seem like the logical choice for cold weather, but sticking certain pants into boots will leave you looking like a storm trooper. “People think ‘cold’ and immediately turn to pants, but I cringe at the thought of dirty snow-water soaking into my pant cuffs. For me, there’s nothing more chic than a cozy dress on a snowy day. My favorite go-to tights are the ‘dig-free’ opaque tights from Commando—they’re so comfortable and don’t leave crease marks on my skin. Pair those with some killer knee-high boots and a long-sleeved dress, and you’ve got the epitome of winter sexy.” Levo.com
2. Who doesn’t love a flared houndstooth pant? And, in case you were wondering, cosy knits are A-OK in the office this winter
3. What happens when a cashmere scarf and sweater join forces? The coziest top of all time is born.
4. The award for this season’s most elegant jacket goes to Michael Kors. Bravo. Are you digging the current check trend?
5. ‘Striped metallic ribbed knit sweater’ is certainly a mouthful. I think I’ll take two.
If you want to avoid limiting yourself to black, navy and grey, The Telegraph advises that “pops of mustard, jade and duck-egg blue will be welcome additions to your winter wardrobe.”
I couldn’t stop at five, so here are a few more.
6. Roksanda. ‘Nuff said.
7. The power suit is back in a big way…
In particular, Tibi’s AW 17 collection is “chock-full of amazing power suits that every working girl needs to try.”
“Although suits are certainly nothing new — hello, Hillary Clinton— Tibi made them extra cool by adding a few key twists. One pantsuit was rendered in a cool blue velvet material, while another suit nixed the pants in favour of a miniskirt. The jacket silhouette was also the focal point: Broad, ’80s-inspired shoulders gave the suits an on-trend twist.” Who What Wear
Here are our picks of most chic suits of the season.
8. Tailored coat + blazer = fail-safe
9. Transform an ordinary blouse from drab to fab by adding a long tailored vest
Contrary to their $60 price tag, these Kenneth Jay Lane hoops look expensive. Nab a pair before they sell out.
And for good measure, here’s my new favourite weekend piece, because I love jumpsuits just about as much as I love Paper London.
This winter there are that many trends doing the rounds, why not be adventurous and try out a few and build on your own unique style.